• Welcome to GameNader!
  • Forum ranks are Here!
  • Read about the Elder Scrolls Legends expansion Here!
  • Check out Pathologic the game where your choices matter.
Sign in to follow this  
IntoxNitram

Cities Skylines

Anyone play this? When it came out I thought it looked excellent but didn't get around to purchasing it. I am looking into it again now though but would like peoples opinions as to whether or not it is still a good game? I am right in thinking its singleplayer only? 

44 minutes ago, IntoxNitram said:

Anyone play this? When it came out I thought it looked excellent but didn't get around to purchasing it. I am looking into it again now though but would like peoples opinions as to whether or not it is still a good game? I am right in thinking its singleplayer only? 

Tried it few weeks ago as it was free for the weekend, but i just couldn't get into it. I just thought that the UI was not very user-friendly and that the building space is quite limited which was an instant turn off for me.

It is definitely a better option then SimCity tho.

23 hours ago, EchelonBrk said:

Tried it few weeks ago as it was free for the weekend, but i just couldn't get into it. I just thought that the UI was not very user-friendly and that the building space is quite limited which was an instant turn off for me.

It is definitely a better option then SimCity tho.

Yeah seems to be better than SimCity. I love city builders, any other recommendations? 

21 minutes ago, IntoxNitram said:

Yeah seems to be better than SimCity. I love city builders, any other recommendations? 

My all time favorite is the Anno series, but ever since Anno 2070, Ubisoft has enforced the always online feature, and many times there are server issues which renders the game unplayable until they fix it. So i'd stick with older games in the series, such as Anno 1404, if you don't mind the older graphics.

2 hours ago, EchelonBrk said:

My all time favorite is the Anno series, but ever since Anno 2070, Ubisoft has enforced the always online feature, and many times there are server issues which renders the game unplayable until they fix it. So i'd stick with older games in the series, such as Anno 1404, if you don't mind the older graphics.

Haven't heard of the series, I will look into it. Thanks! Any recommendations for things on console too? 

3 minutes ago, IntoxNitram said:

Haven't heard of the series, I will look into it. Thanks! Any recommendations for things on console too? 

No problem. Unfortunately, i am not big on consoles so i can't recommend anything.

I just refunded this game because it just isn't as good as simcity 5. I have no idea why everybody keeps claiming to buy cities skylines instead because the launch issues have been fixed on simcity.

I played it for ten minutes and had no idea what I was doing. I found it frustrating, which meant it wasn't enjoyable for me. I much prefer Sim City even with all it's bugs - which is an unpopular opinion, but that's how I feel.

Cities Skylines isn't broken like SimCity, but it's basically a giant sandbox and ultimately ends up feeling like a giant traffic management system. It's hella fun, but it doesn't feel like as much of a game. It feels more creativity based.

simcity is far from broken, it was broken at launch but not anymore. and cities skylines and sim city both just turn into traffic simulator after bout an hour.

SimCity is still horribly broken, are you kidding? Unless there's been new updates in the last year, but as far as I know they stopped updating it long before I stopped playing and it was still very broken.

Regional highway traffic problems and trains not really working are what I remember as being broken. I still much prefer it over skylines though.

i will admit the multi city thing is still shit they never even got it working, but trains work fine

had problems with traffic backing up forever at the arcology great works and making it useless.

The trains went back and forth, but people never seemed to use trains to get around a city.

Water tables not refreshingMassive choke point on the highway entrances

iv never had the water problem, as for the entrance if you plan it out well it dosnt back up.