Does anyone believe milk really is healthy for humans? Sure they say it builds your bones but that’s only because your bones will need the extra reinforcement when you become a total fat mass for drinking to much milk! 

Well milk is supposed to do a load of good things for the body, not just increase bone health. Like it can help maintain your heart health and even actually reduce the probability of cancer. But maybe the scientists are lying to us all 🧐

• Haha 1

Boy you just googled all the fact! What a loser! Lol

Message from Moderator: Do not insult other users by calling them bad names. It is against our Forum Rules and you will be sanctioned for breaking them.

2 hours ago, Bmr91594 said:

Does anyone believe milk really is healthy for humans? Sure they say it builds your bones but that’s only because your bones will need the extra reinforcement when you become a total fat mass for drinking to much milk! 

I drank excessive amounts of milk when i was a kid and i never gained any fat whatsoever. Your metabolism is so fast when you are young, that fat from milk doesn't really stick to you. Unless you supplement your diet by eating large amounts of junk food you are not going to get fat from drinking milk.

Milk is one of most beneficial things you can have as a youngster, as it is rich in calcium and vitamin D which strengthens your bones and teeth. Strong bones mean that they will not break easily, meaning that you are less likely to get osteoporosis when you get older. Cow milk, on the other hand, is extremely rich in potassium. Potassium enriches your blood, there by helping your body maintain normal heart rate. Normal heart rate in kids means that their heart is more likely to develop normally along with the rest of the cardiovascular system.

*Multi-year experience in working marketing for medical clinics, and just last week i did a presentation on bone densitometry exams on persons over 40.

9 minutes ago, Bmr91594 said:

Boy you just googled all the fact! What a loser! Lol

Do not call other users bad names, as it is against our forum rules and you will be sanctioned.

13 minutes ago, EchelonBrk said:

I drank excessive amounts of milk when i was a kid and i never gained any fat whatsoever. Your metabolism is so fast when you are young, that fat from milk doesn't really stick to you. Unless you supplement your diet by eating large amounts of junk food you are not going to get fat from drinking milk.

Milk is one of most beneficial things you can have as a youngster, as it is rich in calcium and vitamin D which strengthens your bones and teeth. Strong bones mean that they will not break easily, meaning that you are less likely to get osteoporosis when you get older. Cow milk, on the other hand, is extremely rich in potassium. Potassium enriches your blood, there by helping your body maintain normal heart rate. Normal heart rate in kids means that their heart is more likely to develop normally along with the rest of the cardiovascular system.

*Multi-year experience in working marketing for medical clinics, and just last week i did a presentation on bone densitometry exams on persons over 40.

Do not call other users bad names, as it is against our forum rules and you will be sanctioned.

Since it seems you have some background knowledge in this, what are your thoughts on drinking milk as an adult? 

19 minutes ago, Wolf said:

Since it seems you have some background knowledge in this, what are your thoughts on drinking milk as an adult? 

Well when you are an adult your metabolism is slower so you have higher chances of gaining fat, and fat from milk can also higher your cholesterol which in turn clogs your arteries. In regards to bone health, it doesn't really make much difference, as calcium that you get in your early to late teen years is the most important one as it builds your bones for the future.

But i do not think that milk is bad for you when you are an adult. Unless you have health problems and suffer from high cholesterol or are lactose intolerant, moderately drinking milk won't hurt you as it is rich in nutrients.

Edit:

Forgot to mention that people who suffer from osteoporosis are often prescribed chewable calcium tablets which also have Vitamin D in them. They help elevate the symptoms of osteoporosis, but cannot really make bones as strong as to fully cure them.

In regards to cancer prevention i am not very knowledgeable, but i am sure that milk intake also has some benefits there as well.