Sign in to follow this  
JohnyD

Videogame based movies

There is a lot of movies based in videogames, most are bad. So this is the thread to discuss game movies.

Some weeks ago I read news about a movie called Rampage starring The Rock Johnson nad a giant gorilla, soon I realized is based in a videogame I played when I was younger, about monsters (controlled by you) edstroying cities. Anyway the plot isst really faithful and is rather loosely based in the games. I have not watched the movie and could be good even if is very different from the source.

I watched Super Mario Bros and Doubel Dragon movies as a child, both are bad even if they werent based in games.

I think Prince of Persia is decent movie.

Also we have Assasin's Creed, what do yo think?

What other movies based on games do you like or dislike?

What videogame would you like to see converted into a movie? I heard rumours about a Megaman movie!

Most of them suck. Resident Evil ones were awful, most I've seen are awful. Apparently Rampage is decent, apparently Assassin's Creed isn't bad - but haven't watched any yet. I'm hoping we slowly improve the quality of them because they seem to be releasing or working on many movies based on games - Minecraft, The Last of Us, Uncharted, Halo, etc. 

I have watched several of those movies, typcailly are bad. I remember a guy had plans for Metroid mvie, fortunately never happened.

I think Ramapge is funny even if isnt very related to the games.

Oh, I remember Street Fighter with Van Damme, its was so bad, ai least it gave us some good memes.

There are Hitman and Takken too movies but never watched them.

A good movie would be based in Metal Gear, but those games have enough cinematics to be considered movies themselves.

I think that first two Resident Evil movies were aceptable and similar to game, but then the next movies were too different and less about survival and more like superhero.

The first Mortal Kombat movie was not so bad.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TheCaptain said:

I think that first two Resident Evil movies were aceptable and similar to game, but then the next movies were too different and less about survival and more like superhero.

The first Mortal Kombat movie was not so bad.

Ahhhh i completely forgot about the RE movies. Yeah, those were great and Mila Jovovic was superb for the role.

I honestly think Agent 47 was better than the first Hitman film. Rupert Friend was better as the titular assassin, the action was done better, it stayed mostly true to 47's origins as a clone with no real feelings, and it had some semblance of stealth and disguise usage (more than the 2007 film). It's still not very good, but it was better.