Sign in to follow this  
Vohaci Duci

Why do people hate ME: Andromeda?

I price matched the deluxe ed at bestbuy for $12. This game is awesome, I've been playing for 4 hours on just the MP (sorry for my level 1 noobness to whom I played with). It's a lot of fun and I haven't started the story yet.

Maybe it's because this is my first ME and I'm not comparing to the trilogy (which I've heard are masterpieces). I'm just wondering why there was so much hate now that I've sat down and played it.

No drama here, just a topic to discuss. See y'all on Andromeda.

The MP is ok-ish at best.

"I haven't started the story yet"

You have played only the combat portions of the game, which is ok. But what makes you think the game is awesome by only the MP alone for me is a mystery, it wasn't that great.

Listing everything that made the game a disappointment is beating a rotten horse corpse at this point, there's a reasaon why they shut down the studio that made the game after the backlash.

The gameplay is smooth and the teamwork needed makes it a lot of fun. At least for those 4 hours, folks were reviving, cover firing, etc. It's also very simple, that's what I like most about it.

Multiplayer decides whether I keep a game or not, so MP is priority over story for me. (For your mystery, lol).

Folks make it seem like it's such a bad game, turns it out its a fun MP game.

It's a solid game that I enjoyed overall (campaign only - never played MP)... it's just not on the same level as the original trilogy.

Don't know, but I haven't finished it yet, around a dozen or so hours in. Enjoyed what I played so far and the only reason I put it aside for now is because I'm taking a little break from the AAA RPG games, they are very time consuming and these days I am trying to clear a lot of the shorter games from my backlog before going back to Andromeda or Fallout 4.

I will say that the beginning didn't feel as strong as the beginning of Mass Effect 1, but I still enjoyed it and definitely want to keep playing it as soon as I get a chance.

Just now, Riduxe said:

Don't know, but I haven't finished it yet, around a dozen or so hours in. Enjoyed what I played so far and the only reason I put it aside for now is because I'm taking a little break from the AAA RPG games, they are very time consuming and these days I am trying to clear a lot of the shorter games from my backlog before going back to Andromeda or Fallout 4.

I will say that the beginning didn't feel as strong as the beginning of Mass Effect 1, but I still enjoyed it and definitely want to keep playing it as soon as I get a chance.

I hear you on it not being as fulfilling as the first. I feel that way about many games too. Can't wait to start the campaign. I'm almost done with FFXV, then I'll start this game's story. I kinda hate I have to rush FFXV, but I've been putting it off too long.

1 minute ago, Maxamu said:

It's a solid game that I enjoyed overall (campaign only - never played MP)... it's just not on the same level as the original trilogy.

Nice, can't wait to start the campaign. The trilogy issue makes sense. I'd give someone the same answer if they dare compare gears 4 to gears 1, or Street fighter V to sf3, so and so fourth.

To date, MA: A has the weakest story in the entire series. Furthermore, it has some serious graphical issues (bugs, glitches) that have never been part of the other games. The previous Mass Effect games were known for their strong narrative, but you won't find that with this game. The gameplay is pretty good, but overall it is a pretty mixed bag.

It's a good game, just not a good Mass Effect game. It doesn't even compare to the original trilogy.

Weaker, but has potential, story, characters aren't as compelling, and graphics and animations are probably this biggest problem I had with it.

I enjoyed my time with it and I don't think it's as bad as people made out, The biggest flaws now are some of the dialogue being quite amateur and visual glitches but I believe it's the massive hype the game had though and the infamous bugs/glitches on day one that forever doomed the game. No patches or updates would make it recover.

I didn't like the combat at all, it sucks. The animations were trash on release along with other bugs, the characters and story are forgettable and boring. The forced politics are unnecessary and unbearable.

On release it rivaled a bethesda game. Other than that, You'd want to kill the writters of this game. Dialogue and character interactions are like in one of those lame hyperlow budget CGI animation films, insulting and not ok, fine or however some people like to put it. It also makes no canonical sense while there are blatant plotholes everywhere.

Id argue that it is as bad as people say.

For the price you paid, it will be fun. I think people just questioned it as a full price releasing following on from the good trilogy. I think they’ve also patched it a decent amount so that it runs better now. 

t really is a good game. Lot of unnecessary hate. Especially now that most of the problems have been patched

It really is a good game. Lot of unnecessary hate. Especially now that most of the problems have been patched