GameNader's 3rd Giveaway! 50$ Gift cards and more! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
keng

ever cheated while playing games?

I used to use a hack in gta san andreas that allowed me to see the entire map all the time. This was online too. Used a lot of hacks on the gta vcmp , but that’s one player so who cares.

I'd say I've used modifications which make things easier, but I've never cheated in terms of actually doing something that gives me an advantage that I'm not supposed to have against other players. I use mods in single player games and usually only after I've completed it once. 

I only do it on Single Player games. Ill play a game and if it's too boring, then I cheat to make it more fun. If I like it, I usually beat it once and then cheat to up the replay value.

Just now, Johnbelley said:

Uno, nothing like 5 people all getting aggressive with a game

About a week ago, I had brought that game to class. I nearly ruined a friendship because myself and someone else cheated to stack +4s on one person, then I ended up with the others by pure luck

When I used to play halo 2 people found out that, if they were host, could put their modem on standby and play through the match while everyone else was in a loading screen. I decided to limit who I could connect with by monitoring my network traffic to make myself host for the game so I could play a fair match without worrying about being standbyed.

When I was very young I used codes for games like Doom and Duke Nukem 3D, but I dont use codes anymore. I know several guys guys that use cheat codes in GTA games, where is the fun if you unlimited money and health?

On 05/04/2018 at 12:20 AM, JohnyD said:

When I was very young I used codes for games like Doom and Duke Nukem 3D, but I dont use codes anymore. I know several guys guys that use cheat codes in GTA games, where is the fun if you unlimited money and health?

cheaters/hackers should all DIAF. I have never and will never cheat when competing against others. I wish I could offer up an explanation or two for why people cheat, but I just don't get it. I am horribly bad at FPS games, so I just don't play them. Cheating would not be satisfying or fun for me at all.

If you ever met someone who was purposefully joining your team and shooting you off the map repeatedly for aimbotting, that was me. And your frustration with how incredibly easy it was for me to kill you made me happy on the inside.

Cheating? You tell me if it's cheating. It feels like cheating.In Dark Souls, I have a soul level 16 character whom I have perfectly twinked. I played through the game, got a powerful weapon and armor, which I upgraded to max levels. I then use this character to invade in the Undead Parish.

Can you elaborate on why you get pleasure from 'ruining' the game for others?

I don't get any pleasure from it... at all. But I'm still compelled to do it. I made a post about it on this account on the darksouls subreddit if you want to see more of my perspective.

I read it. I'm really interested in why you feel so compelled. Even in your other post you don't really explain the why aspect. How does your real-life situation affect your compulsion to do this to people in games?

I cheated when I was like 13 years old. I used an aimbot wallhack in CS:S. It was kind of fun at first but it just felt weird after. I got banned from a couple servers and then I just gave up. I booted it up the week after trying to play clean but my steam account was banned. I wasn't mad or anything. I'm actually glad I did it at the time since it made me realize how stupid online hacking is.

Who hasn’t? Especially in Grand theft auto series! I still remember cheat codes for vice city and san andreas.

It's really as simple as cheating is fun. Especially in games that are actively trying to supress your ability to properly enjoy the game like GTA V. So long as it doesn't affect other players negatively it's fine. Cheat away.

Yeh i do

Because sometimes, it's just raucous good fun. The older GTA games are the first that come to mind, but Age of Empires was also one that was so much fun to play with cheats.

I used to play a ton of counter strike (before Source and GO) and one day for shits n giggles I installed an aim bot to see what all the fuss was about. I played one match, went like 60-2, and then got banned from the server. It wasn't even fun and I never used it again, don't see the point of taking away all the actual challenge.Also, I found that it was WAY more fun to get so good at the game that people would accuse me of cheating when I wasn't, now THAT feels good.

I saved the message every time I was accused of having an aimbot in Battlefield 3 and 4. Felt real good

I love getting accused of wallhacks when I just do a hard read on someone.

Im currently cheating at Fallout 4. First single player game (apart from GTA SA riot cheat which was to much fun) that I ever have ever cheated in. I have OCD when it comes to equipping settlers. So I downloaded the Mod with the basement containing ever item so I can equip my army properly.