Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Wolf

Just a quick question

Recommended Posts

A hotdog is a type of sausage. Placing it between the bun makes it a hotdog sandwich. We just call both pieces together a hotdog just like you say "Philly Cheese Steak" instead of "Philly Cheese Steak sandwich". Hotdogs are sandwiches

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so if you were to put a hot dog into a piece of bread, would it count as a sandwich >:(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, when I (politely and with puppy eyes on) ask my gf to make me a sandwich i do not expect her to come back with a friggin' hotdog. If i wanted a hotdog, i'll specifically ask for one. So no, hot dog ain't a sandwich. :D

 

*just my 2 cents

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, EchelonBrk said:

Hey, when I (politely and with puppy eyes on) ask my gf to make me a sandwich i do not expect her to come back with a friggin' hotdog. If i wanted a hotdog, i'll specifically ask for one. So no, hot dog ain't a sandwich. :D

 

*just my 2 cents

True but that’s subjective, she could come back with a grilled cheese sandwich, or a tuna sandwich, or a ham sandwich, Etc, Etc, You see? You don’t know what she’s bringing you. So technically speaking, a hot dog is a sandwich like any other. Boom. Case closed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know its a poor classification, but I tend to think of sandwiches as cold food items. So anything else falls into a hypothetical (I haven't come up with a name for it yet) category. That includes hot dogs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, IntoxNitram said:

I know its a poor classification, but I tend to think of sandwiches as cold food items. So anything else falls into a hypothetical (I haven't come up with a name for it yet) category. That includes hot dogs.

Then what do you call a grilled cheese ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Wolf said:

Then what do you call a grilled cheese ?

A toastie. Anything in between two pieces of cooked bread (toast) is a toastie. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/04/2018 at 5:41 PM, EchelonBrk said:

Hey, when I (politely and with puppy eyes on) ask my gf to make me a sandwich i do not expect her to come back with a friggin' hotdog. If i wanted a hotdog, i'll specifically ask for one. So no, hot dog ain't a sandwich. :D

 

*just my 2 cents

A hot dog doesn't have to have bread, THEREFORE it's not a sandwich. A sandwich has to have a form of bread, no matter what!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We call it a HOTDOG SANDWICH when it is in between bread. Because it will get confusing if one says that they want a hotdog and you're like, "With bun or without?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Johnbelley said:

We call it a HOTDOG SANDWICH when it is in between bread. Because it will get confusing if one says that they want a hotdog and you're like, "With bun or without?"

Actually you can wrap all the ingredients you need for a sandwich in some greens or some seaweed and get a whole sushi type situation goin.I feel like that counts as a sandwich even without bread cause its something that brings all the items together to eat it. And all of my opinions are facts so if you disagree with me you're disagreeing with science.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Human said:

Actually you can wrap all the ingredients you need for a sandwich in some greens or some seaweed and get a whole sushi type situation goin.I feel like that counts as a sandwich even without bread cause its something that brings all the items together to eat it. And all of my opinions are facts so if you disagree with me you're disagreeing with science.

That would be classified as a wrap, not a sandwich. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You people disgust me.

 

A hot dog is not sandwich, you ogres.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A hotdog is some meat combined into a sausage so a hotdog is a topping on a sandwich technically so yes a hotdog IN a bun is a sandwich :|

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Visually the hot dog carries the same characteristic as a sandwich, but they are not really the same, and I would say that the hot dog would be grouped into junk food and sandwich in healthy food (depending on how you prepare it).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Well wolf I do not think since hot dog is very different from a sandwich since the hot dog has chips, onions, sausage, sauces and a sandwich has lettuce, tomato, ham, cheese, ETC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Welcome to GameNader! We are committed to being an open and unbiased forum for gamers everywhere! All the while providing the best quality articles, news, and reviews!
SSL
×