Sign in to follow this  
Wolf

Just a quick question

A hotdog is a type of sausage. Placing it between the bun makes it a hotdog sandwich. We just call both pieces together a hotdog just like you say "Philly Cheese Steak" instead of "Philly Cheese Steak sandwich". Hotdogs are sandwiches

• Like 1

so if you were to put a hot dog into a piece of bread, would it count as a sandwich >:(

Hey, when I (politely and with puppy eyes on) ask my gf to make me a sandwich i do not expect her to come back with a friggin' hotdog. If i wanted a hotdog, i'll specifically ask for one. So no, hot dog ain't a sandwich. :D

*just my 2 cents

19 minutes ago, EchelonBrk said:

Hey, when I (politely and with puppy eyes on) ask my gf to make me a sandwich i do not expect her to come back with a friggin' hotdog. If i wanted a hotdog, i'll specifically ask for one. So no, hot dog ain't a sandwich. :D

*just my 2 cents

True but that’s subjective, she could come back with a grilled cheese sandwich, or a tuna sandwich, or a ham sandwich, Etc, Etc, You see? You don’t know what she’s bringing you. So technically speaking, a hot dog is a sandwich like any other. Boom. Case closed.

I know its a poor classification, but I tend to think of sandwiches as cold food items. So anything else falls into a hypothetical (I haven't come up with a name for it yet) category. That includes hot dogs.

11 hours ago, IntoxNitram said:

I know its a poor classification, but I tend to think of sandwiches as cold food items. So anything else falls into a hypothetical (I haven't come up with a name for it yet) category. That includes hot dogs.

Then what do you call a grilled cheese ?

5 minutes ago, Wolf said:

Then what do you call a grilled cheese ?

A toastie. Anything in between two pieces of cooked bread (toast) is a toastie. 

On 01/04/2018 at 5:41 PM, EchelonBrk said:

*just my 2 cents

A hot dog doesn't have to have bread, THEREFORE it's not a sandwich. A sandwich has to have a form of bread, no matter what!

We call it a HOTDOG SANDWICH when it is in between bread. Because it will get confusing if one says that they want a hotdog and you're like, "With bun or without?"

Just now, Johnbelley said:

We call it a HOTDOG SANDWICH when it is in between bread. Because it will get confusing if one says that they want a hotdog and you're like, "With bun or without?"

Actually you can wrap all the ingredients you need for a sandwich in some greens or some seaweed and get a whole sushi type situation goin.I feel like that counts as a sandwich even without bread cause its something that brings all the items together to eat it. And all of my opinions are facts so if you disagree with me you're disagreeing with science.

7 hours ago, Human said:

Actually you can wrap all the ingredients you need for a sandwich in some greens or some seaweed and get a whole sushi type situation goin.I feel like that counts as a sandwich even without bread cause its something that brings all the items together to eat it. And all of my opinions are facts so if you disagree with me you're disagreeing with science.

That would be classified as a wrap, not a sandwich. 

You people disgust me.

A hot dog is not sandwich, you ogres.

A hotdog is some meat combined into a sausage so a hotdog is a topping on a sandwich technically so yes a hotdog IN a bun is a sandwich :|

Visually the hot dog carries the same characteristic as a sandwich, but they are not really the same, and I would say that the hot dog would be grouped into junk food and sandwich in healthy food (depending on how you prepare it).

Well wolf I do not think since hot dog is very different from a sandwich since the hot dog has chips, onions, sausage, sauces and a sandwich has lettuce, tomato, ham, cheese, ETC