Sign in to follow this  
erik

do you like indian food?

love indian food btw Indian is probably the most popular type of food. We have something like 10, 000 Indian restaurants, which is quite a lot if you consider the size of the UK relative to the US I've watched a few videos on youtube of Americans going to "Indian restaurants" in the US, and at least of the videos I've seen, they all look to be pretty poor in comparison to a good restaurant in the UK. I guess we're lucky in that regard over here.

7 hours ago, erik said:

love indian food btw Indian is probably the most popular type of food. We have something like 10, 000 Indian restaurants, which is quite a lot if you consider the size of the UK relative to the US I've watched a few videos on youtube of Americans going to "Indian restaurants" in the US, and at least of the videos I've seen, they all look to be pretty poor in comparison to a good restaurant in the UK. I guess we're lucky in that regard over here.

I can’t say I’ve ever tried Indian food, any recommendations ?

Paneer Tikka Masala! I'm not even vegetarian, I just love me some Paneer!

2 minutes ago, Wolf said:

I can’t say I’ve ever tried Indian food, any recommendations ?

Order chicken biryani and chilli chicken or chicken 65. These are great introductory dishes. The biryani will almost always come with raita. Order some naan with it xD

Chicken Jalfrezi and Naan bread along with Poppadoms and mango chutney. Oh, and onion bhajis. Bliss.

Yes I love it. I love popadoms with mango chuckney the most. But I cannot do anything too spicy as I like to enjoy my food too. I love a good curry also. 

Had Tried It Once and Liked some of the Indian Food. It is really really spicy but still loved a few things.

Sorpotel with steamed coconut/rice bread, (I forget the name of the bread). I worked for a man from Goa who made this and fish rechaad like a master. I must have eaten it every other day for two years!

Just now, Johnbelley said:

Sannas? Bhakri?

Sannas! I had completely forgotten the name. Thanks!

I went once and they had a dish that was basically Butter Paneer, and it was honestly one of the best things I've ever had in my life. I have been craving it ever since; I still distinctly remember the flavor and that was over 5 years ago.

Just now, Johnbelley said:

I went once and they had a dish that was basically Butter Paneer, and it was honestly one of the best things I've ever had in my life. I have been craving it ever since; I still distinctly remember the flavor and that was over 5 years ago.

Any variation of Paneer Makhani, Paneer Butter Masala etc. is distinctly not South Indian, although it's natural a restaurant might do a pan subcontinental greatest hits menu. I recall a friend from Tamil Nadu recoiling when I order the abomination that was a paneer dosa.

anything with paneer is DELICIOUS, i always have a paneer based dish when i go to an indian restaurant, it's just so good!

ALL of it. But I've a special place in my heart for S Indian & Mughlai food!

Chicken Tikka Masala, used to overstuff myself on this a the lunch buffet at a place called Sean near Rock Center in Manhattan. Damn, now I'm craving some..

There's this place next to where I live that serves Indian Street food, my favorite so far is the Keema roll :)

Tarka dal- very simple but everyone has their own way of preparing it to their own tastes. Other than that I like Goan cookery. Sorpotel is a particular favourite and unusual for an Indian recipe because it's made from pork.