GameNader's 3rd Giveaway! 50$ Gift cards and more! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
erik

best horror movie?

hmm The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. People think of it as just over the top gore, but it's not. It's a masterpiece of raising suspense, pacing and cinematography, and you cannot walk away unshaken. That final shot will stick with you for a long time :ph34r:

Just now, Johnbelley said:

Both Conjuring movies are well made imho and scared the hell out of me.

Boy, that nun painting scene was terrifying.

I loved Get Out. Really well told story with a ridiculous reveal that I was totally on board for, finished with a viscerally satisfying ending

22 minutes ago, IntoxNitram said:

You can't beat the classics in my opinion. Psycho and The Shining have to be up there. 

I agree, but i also enjoyed the Japanese version of the Grudge (that one was creepy) and also some newer titles such as the Ritual, the Conjuring, Babadook are not bad either.

23 hours ago, EchelonBrk said:

I agree, but i also enjoyed the Japanese version of the Grudge (that one was creepy) and also some newer titles such as the Ritual, the Conjuring, Babadook are not bad either.

The conjuring was decent, I haven't watched any of the others you mentioned yet. 

14 minutes ago, IntoxNitram said:

The conjuring was decent, I haven't watched any of the others you mentioned yet. 

If you can stand screaming and annoying kids, i'd start with Babadook, its the least scary of the them but has an excellent plot.

18 hours ago, EchelonBrk said:

If you can stand screaming and annoying kids, i'd start with Babadook, its the least scary of the them but has an excellent plot.

I enjoyed the first season of American Horror Story

5 hours ago, Moku said:

I enjoyed the first season of American Horror Story

AHS was awesome the first two seasons, but after that they just kinda started falling lower and lower. Roanoke was sort of a jump back up but i wasn't impressed with Cult that followed. My all time favorite is the Asylum.

The original Saw was incredible. Not sure if more of a thriller, but it got the hurt beating! If that doesn't count i'd say Rec

On 12/04/2018 at 10:44 AM, Vangamer said:

The original Saw was incredible. Not sure if more of a thriller, but it got the hurt beating! If that doesn't count i'd say Rec

Definitely Get Out - for me, really good horror says something about society at large and Get Out did that in a really well-written and engaging way with relatable, well-acted characters. It was so smartly written and tense. I liked the cinematography and the dark humour mixed in with the violence.

On 31/3/2018 at 10:24 PM, Johnbelley said:

The part in the first one with the ghost on top of the dresser before jumping on the girl

Really a cool scene. The movie is good.

My favourite horror movie is The Thing, I love such kind of fear atmosphere more than the monster itself. Also other classics as The Shinning, and Child Play (just the first one, the sequels are really comedic).

Shrew's Nest, Bedevilled, We Are The Flesh, Kuso, The Treatment, Sleep Tight, The Eyes of my Mother

Conjuring is terrific.

Mirrors also is funny, but nothing more.

I think The Exorcist, maybe for today standards isnt so great, but I love how the story grow in tnesion and horror

The Conjuring. While it has its share of jump scares, there's so much more to it. The mood and tone of the movie are excellent.