Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night Offers New Beta Demo To Kickstarter Backers
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is currently in development, but publisher 505 Games is offering higher-level Kickstarter backers a chance to play the game's demo, which was revealed to industry insiders at E3.
“E3 is one of the biggest game shows in the world, and it was a valuable experience to show off the newest content in Bloodstained and gather feedback from the industry friends and colleagues we invited to play the demo,” said Koji Igarashi, creator of Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. “Now we’re ready to share the newest content and features with our great community of backers so we can source their input as well, which is immensely helpful to us as we continue on our journey toward launch.”
Kickstarter backers at the $60 level and above can access a digital download of the beta demo on Steam for PC. The demo features new content and enemy previews, as well as an introduction to some of the NPCs and a deeper understanding of the story and quests. Players are put on a sailing ship being knocked about in stormy seas before they pass through a village and into a dark castle area. There's a bit to explore, characters to meet, and an introduction to alchemy and crafting via a visit to shopkeeper and exorcist, Dominique.
From 505 Games:
"This imaginative, side-scrolling game is the latest opus from the renowned Koji Igarashi, godfather of the “Igavania” genre of gothic, exploration-focused action platformers. Initially revealed on Kickstarter with a goal of $500,00 USD, Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night went on to become one of the most funded games on the platform, with more than $5.5 million pledged by fans eager for its creation. Set in the late 18th century England, an era when people’s lives changed dramatically with the ushering in of the Industrial Revolution, Bloodstained tells the story of Miriam, an orphan scarred by an alchemist’s demonic curse, which is slowly turning her skin to crystal. As the curse matures, Miriam drifts into a mysterious coma and awakens ten years later as a castle appears, and Hell is resurrected. Now, she must travel to the castle to hunt and kill its summoner, Gebel, battling his demons as she searches for a way to stop the curse."
The full edition promises lots of features that players can't wait to get their hands on:
- Addictingly tight and satisfying gameplay alongside a rich new story in the gothic dark fantasy style of Koji Igarashi, the celebrated godfather of "Igavania" games.
- A game soundtrack by genre and industry veteran Michiru Yamane, performed by a full live orchestra ensemble.
- Story cutscenes and NPC interactions fully voice acted by a star-studded cast, including actors like David Hayter, Ray Chase and Erica Lindbeck to name just a few.
- A total of three playable characters, two of which have yet to be revealed.
- A huge selection of weapons and spells, which you can upgrade, level up, and visually customize.
- Beautiful 2.5D graphics: 3D models crafted with a lot of love and care on a 2D game environment. That means lots of cool tricks that "regular" 2D can't do.
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is in development for PS4, PS Vita, Nintendo Switch, PC, and Xbox One.
Watch the latest trailer: